Blogging to you live from beautiful San Diego, CA for the 2011 CTIA conference, Rob and I went hands on with the T-Mobile Galaxy S II — previously known as the Hercules — to give you our initial impressions with the device.
From all the pictures and videos I’ve seen of the Canadian version of this device, I was expecting the T-Mobile version to be much thicker than its GS2 cousins on Sprint and AT&T. Thankfully, Samsung managed to keep a slim profile on the device while adding an extra touch of class thanks to its “premium” soft-touch battery cover. This device is unique from the other GS2’s in that it is the only one out of the bunch to feature a 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor. We posted a couple videos last week of the T-Mobile Galaxy S II showing off some surprisingly impressive benchmarks beating even the dual-c0re Exynos. Unfortunately, the device we manhandled didn’t have any connectivity so we weren’t able to run this device through the ringer.
The Samsung Galaxy S II is scheduled to launch tomorrow for $230 after $50 mail-in rebate and will complete T-Mobile’s “Android Holiday Onslaught.”
- Boost Mobile Announces Samsung Galaxy S2 4G A
- T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Gets IPv6 Functionality In
- T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 Update Now Off
- White Samsung Galaxy S II’s Now Availab
- Check out the Samsung Hercules forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.