T-Mobile just took the wraps off a smartphone aimed to set a new standard for picture snapping with the HTC Amaze 4G. At 8MP the camera specs are inline with other top smartphone competitors, but that’s not why they’re calling it “the most advanced camera of any smartphone”:
The Amaze 4G also records video in 1080p HD, has a backside illuminator for improved low-light performance, dual LED flash, zero shutter lag, and added features on the software side.
We’ve already seen some of the software bonuses such as SweepShot, ClearShot, and BurstShot, but T-Mobile adds SmartShot and PerfectShot to the mix in this go-round. SmartShot will snap 5 pictures and combines them to present clear faces without blinks while PerfectShot is a gallery-like addition that bubbles the best pics you’ve taken to the surface, accounting for important dates and clear photos.
I know, I know… that’s a lot of “Shots” but I have to say I’m eager to see how this “most advanced camera” compares to some of Phandroid’s favorites including the Droid Charge camera and the Epic 4G Camera – both made by Samsung.
While the camera is the marketing focal point, the Amaze 4G includes a solid set of features that make the rest of the phone equally attractive. Highlights include:
- 4G connectivity
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory with MicroSD card slot
- Android 2.3.4
- 4.3-inch qHD screen
- HTC Amaze 4G for Telus gets Ice Cream Sandwic
- Ice Cream Sandwich now available for T-Mobile
- Is the import ban on One X and Evo 4G LTE spr
- Android 4.0 arrives May 21 for Amaze 4G at T-
- Check out the HTC Amaze 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Amaze 4G