3 years may not sound like much in people years but in smartphone years — that’s like Clint Eastwood status. It was 3 years ago to this day that T-Mobile officially announced the G1. It was the smartphone that started a revolution. T-Mobile made a booboo today when they tweeted that the G1’s birthday was today, but after cross referencing, the device was actually announced on September 23rd, 2008. The G1 wont officially turn 3 until October 22nd, the day that it was released.
Either way, I can’t believe how far Android has come since then.What’s really weird is how I was feeling nostalgic last night and found myself watching old G1 videos. I’m curious, any Phandroid readers out there still rockin’ the G1? Stock? Rooted? Sound off in the comments!
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Check out the T-Mobile G1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G1