Looks like Verizon may be set to introduce another set of mid-range 4G LTE phones following news earlier that the Samsung Stratosphere wouldn’t be all that it’s cracked up to be. PocketNow has received press shots of two phones said to be headed for Verizon.
Firstly, the Pantech Breakout will be their first 4G phone from that OEM. It’s rumored to be a 4 inch device with a 4 inch WVGA display, a 5 megapixel camera, a 1GHz processor and 512MB of RAM. With that, it could be priced competitively but considering how expensive other LTE phones have been from them, we can’t say for certain it’ll hit that sub-$200 mark.
We’ve also got the Samsung Illusion. This one looks like it could be a 3.5 inch WVGA device. Internals are unknown for now, but a single-core processor in the 800MHz-1GHz range would sound about right.
It’ll also have TouchWiz, though no word on which version of Android will run beneath it. It should only be a matter of weeks before Verizon announce these and likely many more. [PocketNow]
- Verizon announces new prepaid plan; exclusive
- Samsung’s Mid-Range Illusion from Veriz
- Rumor: Mid-Range Samsung Illusion Available N
- ‘RadioShack’s “Shack Friday
- Check out the Samsung Illusion forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Pantech Breakout forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Pantech Breakout, Samsung Illusion