If you thought HTC was being a bit “overly ambitious” with the 4.5-inch HTC Holiday (Raider) you ain’t seen nothing yet. Looks like HTC is working on a monster device they’re calling the Runnymede. Apparently, this device showed up like so many devices do, in some EXIF data on a photo site but that didn’t provide any more info than a name. Well, now they boys at Pocketnow have gotten the low down on a more complete list of specs and exactly what to expect from the HTC Runnymede.
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- 4.7-inch, 480×800 display
- 1.5GHz single-core MSM8255
- 768MB of RAM / 16GB of storage
- 8MP/720p rear-camera with dual LED
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- Under 10 millimeters thick
- Sense 3.5
- Bundled Beats headphones (not earphones)
I know most of you see single-core processor and you’re ready to write this device off but there are some other winning specs like that make this device stand out. Like the backlit sensored camera that features a 28mm wide-angle lens and focal ratio of f/2.2. Besides snapping amazing pics, the camera is capable of capturing 60 frames-per-second HD video.
You can expect the HTC Runnymede in time for the holidays but still no word on which carrier will pick this up. What do you guys think? I hear 4.7-inches is the new 4.5.
- Field Wallpaper
- Moto G 2nd Gen gets Lollipop (again)
- Spotify playback no longer interrupted by aud
- HTC One M9 exposed in test photo
TAGS: HTC Runnymede