Those of you still rocking the Motorola Milestone 2 (DROID 2 for you Yanks), the folks who have just been acquired by Google has good news for you – Gingerbread is on its way! They’ve confirmed on their Facebook page that the phone will be receiving Android 2.3.
Unfortunately, they didn’t give specifics as to when each country would be receiving the update, but they did say that rollouts would start in early Q4 2011. With such a wide open window, users might even have to wait until early 2012 to get the upgrade, though no one can say for sure at this point.
Let’s hope it’s sometime before Ice Cream Sandwich gets here because we’re sure Milestone 2 owners would be more inclined to go with a new phone equipped with it by then. [Motorola Facebook, thanks Joshua!]
- Motorola Milestone 2 (DROID 2 For Not-America
- SIM-Free Motorola Milestone 2 Headed to the U
- Motorola Milestone 2 On Sale at Amazon German
- More Images of the Motorola Milestone 2 and D
- Check out the Motorola Milestone 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Milestone 2