A new prepaid Android is headed our way, this time courtesy of Walmart’s Straight Talk. The Samsung Galaxy Precedent is priced at an uber-affordable $150 without any sort of contractual obligations attached. For $45 per month, Straight Talk provides a plan with unlimited text, voice, and web access. Galaxy Precedent probably isn’t the most aptly named device, as it isn’t exactly seeting any sort of precedent for prepaid handsets with its 800MHz CPU, 3.2-inch touchscreen, and Android 2.2 build. What you are looking at is basically a re-labeled Samsung Prevail (available through Boost Mobile). But with service tied into AT&T’s 3G network, the combination of price and service plan should be more than appealing to many looking for Android on a budget.
[via Android and Me]
- Sundar Pichai promoted to head of Google products
- Pocketing your phablet, Inbox invites, buying
- US Cellular gets G Pad 7, G3
- Best Moto 360 Apps and Faces
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Precedent forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Precedent