Industry rumblings have suggested that Google wants to get the next version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, out to handsets by October for competitive reasons. As has been the standard over the past few years, it is expected a flagship device will launch alongside the new operating system. Word out of Korea is that the so-called “Nexus Prime” is indeed on track for an October release. The report from Electronic Times corroborates some previously rumored specs and throws a few more into the equation with mention of a 4.5-inch 720p Super AMOLED HD display and 1.5GHz processor. Still, little is known about the next Google superphone. If an October release pans out, we can expect to be hearing a lot more about this one in the coming weeks.
- Rumor: HTC Rezound, DROID RAZR and Galaxy Nex
- NTT Docomo Will Carry Nexus Prime In November
- Nexus Prime Appears in RadioShack’s Cel
- “Nexus Prime” Also Appears in Bes
- Check out the Nexus Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus Prime