Well what do we have here? A new Droid handset from Motorola, perhaps? What is seen in the above image is none other than the rumored Droid HD, pictured here for the first time. From what e gather the device will get a 4.5-inch display, one that very well could feature an HD resolution of 1280×720. At the very least expect qHD. It also gets an 8MP camera with 1080p video recording, sideloading SIM and microSD slots, and microUSB/microHDMI ports. The assumption is the phone will feature a dual-core CPU and possibly 4G LTE.
What is most noticeable, however, is the device’s thinness, which is apparent when seeing the device next to the Motorola Droid Bionic. Now the Bionic is no thin wonder by any means, so the overall girth of the Droid HD could be somewhat of an illusion, but there is no reason to think the handset could be measuring in the Galaxy S II range in terms of thinness. While we could easily hope the Droid HD will launch as an Ice Cream Sandwich device, it appears it be running a standard Gingerbread build. Either way, the new handset is enough to make us second guess our lust for the Droid Bionic. Is the Droid HD really the one worth holding out for? Head over to the source link for the complete gallery.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Motorola DROID BIONIC forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.