It all sounded so promising the other day – the DROID Incredible’s Gingerbread update PDF showed up on Verizon’s servers and it looked like we could be getting a release within a couple of weeks. Turns out you’ll need to bottle your excitement up a bit longer because the update has reportedly been delayed.
A bug or two may have popped up in the final QA process and those will need to be taken care of before they can issue the update to users. Considering we didn’t have a solid date to begin with, I can’t say this delay stings.
Whatever issues popped up might be able to be fixed in a couple of days and a timely release could still be in store, but that’s just wishful thinking. I suggest all of you just sit tight and keep busy with something until Verizon sorts this thing out. [Verizon via AndroidForums.com]
- [Discussion] The best looking Android phones
- Original Droid Incredible receiving minor upd
- Bug gives access to WiFi passwords on certain
- Bootloader Officially Unlocked for HTC Desire
- Check out the HTC Droid Incredible forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Droid Incredible