Months after its larger 10-inch sibling hit shelves and nearly a year since Acer first announced their intention to sell a 7-inch Android slate, the Iconia Tab A100 is now up for sale in the United States. Aside from filling a gap in Acer’s product lineup, the tablet is also notable for being the first 7-inch slate to ship with Honeycomb on board, Android 3.2. The A100gets filled out with an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core CPU, a 1024×600 capacitive touch display, 5MP camera with 720p HD video capture, and an advertised 5 hours of battery life. The slate also sports a 2MP front-facing camera, microUSB and microHDMI ports, and microSD slot for expanding on provided internal storage.
Three versions of the Iconia Tab A100 are available, starting at $329.99 for the 8GB flavor. For 16GB of storage the price increases to $349.99. A Walmart exclusive version of the tablet mirrors the specs of the 8GB model.
- DEAL ALERTS: Acer Iconia Tab for $180, Motoro
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 now available, Ice Cream
- Upcoming Acer Iconia Tab Android 4.0 Updates
- Acer Iconia Tab A100 and A500 getting Android
- Check out the Acer Iconia Tab A100 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Acer Iconia Tab A100