It’s only a few minutes after 12AM and the TouchWiz UX update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is right on time and officially live. The update brings a few added features and a “love it or hate it” TouchWiz skin on top of the normally stock Honeycomb experience. Some of these new features include:
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen. The visual layout of Live Panel is completely customizable for one-touch entry into each user’s most important information.
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch access to commonly used applications–Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music–which overlay in a pop-up window on display screen for powerful multi-tasking.
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., on the clipboard for easy sharing via email and social network sites.
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right hand corner of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images
The update will also bring about a Samsung Media Hub redesign, Social Hub has been added, as well as Amazon Kindle, Music Cloud Player and Words with Friends. Other enhancements include Kies 2.0 support and enterprise solutions.
If you haven’t been prompted yet, simply go into your device Settings, About Tablet, System Updates and you can take it from there. As always, make sure your tab is connected to a power outlet or you have a full battery charge before updating.