If the Samsung Galaxy S family had a red-headed stepchild, Verizon’s Continuum would win the honors. The phone’s unique secondary ticker display didn’t make as big a splash as Samsung might have hoped, relegating the Continuum to the back of our minds. It’s Android 2.1 software isn’t helping much either. Now, a leak of a work-in-progress Android 2.2 update could breath some much needed life into the handset. The update, build number EC03, brings along all of your standard Froyo enhancements including the speedy JIT compiler. As it stands, the version available from XDA is the stock build of the software sans second-hand customizations. No telling if this update will ever see the light of day via an official OTA rollout, but if you want to read up on what you can expect or find installation instructions head over to the source link below.
- Is the Note Edge the next Continuum?
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- After All of This Time… the Samsung Con
- A Handful of Verizon Devices Reaching End-of-
- Check out the Samsung Continuum forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Continuum