Tired of waiting for the US carriers to get their act together and release the Samsung Galaxy S II? Look no further than Newegg. The online retailer has the unlocked Galaxy S II available for $649.99, nothing like the subsidized price you will pay if you’re willing to sweat this one out but a justifiable sum for this dual-core beast of a handset. What you will get for your money is the international version of the phone prepped for GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 radio bands, perfect for subscriber’s to AT&T (3G) and T-Mobile (EDGE only) in the States and Rogers and Fido in Canada.
Official word from Samsung is that the handset will come to American shores this month in the form of carrier-customized versions of the original. If you want a chance to get your hands on the Galaxy S II already available to people the world over, this is your best bet.
[via Newegg | Thanks, Casey!]
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II