Boy, oh boy! Do we have a lot of drama for you here tonight in the Android Overload. This is the place where all the stories that couldn’t make it onto our front page come to hang out before making their inevitable exit. So what’s on the menu for today? Well, the most entertaining event seems to be the back and forth between Google and Microsoft! They’ve taken off the gloves and taken to Twitter and their blogs to let the world know exactly what’s going on with all this “patent” drama for your mama. It’s a bitter game of he said, she said but because of my biases, I’m leaning more towards Google’s corner. What do you guys think about M and G battling it out?
- Microsoft responds to Google’s response (below) on Microsoft’s response. Says, Google turned down joint patent venture because Google wanted ammo to use on other companies. [TechCrunch]
- Google responds to Microsoft’s claims that they offered to team with Google on the purchase of mobile patents. Says they didn’t fall for Microsofts trick that would have left Android defenseless. [Google]
- AT&T and Verizon trying to undermine Lightsquared? One Lightsquared investor thinks so. [Electronista]
- Is Verizon facing a unionized strike? Very possible unless the two sides come to an agreement. [WSJ]
- The HTC Flyer is said to be “coming soon” to Canada’s Bell. [MobileSyrup]
- The HTC EVO 3D and LG Optimus 3D are now available for Rogers via Best Buy.
- Galaxy S II users in Brazil and in Poland have gotten Android 2.3.4. [Samsung Hub]
- Facebook app updated to version 1.6.3. Bug fixes and UI touchups. [Market Link]
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available