For all 4 of you who picked up Kyocera’s dual-screened Echo and were worried the device would simply be lost in time, stuck with it’s customized Android 2.2 firmware, fear not. Kyocera is increasing their Android “street cred” thanks to an Android 2.3 Gingerbread update making its way to Echo’s all over the country. The OTA update will begin rolling out starting August 1st.
I’m not going to knock the device (I thought the idea was actually pretty cool) but nobody was sure exactly where Kyocera would stand as far as firmware updates were concerned. Looks like they want the world to know they’re taking this Android thang seriously. Any of our readers own the device and are excited about the update?
[Via Android Police]
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Sprint Drops The Price On Epic 4G, Nexus S 4G
- Kyocera Giving Away 10,000 Copies of Android&
- Kyocera Echo’s Gingerbread Update Now R
- Check out the Kyocera Echo forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Kyocera Echo