Yesterday when a render of an unknown Samsung handset with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard surfaced, we raised the question as to whether or not it could be AT&T’s variant of the Galaxy S II. Turns out, that is exactly what the device will be. Images of the handset have surfaced clearly showing the SGH-I927 model number associated with the Galaxy S II. This time around it appears as though Samsung has managed to slim up the handset considerably compared to last year’s Epic 4G on Sprint (is it also safe to assume Sprint won’t receive a keyboard-laden version of the Galaxy series this time?). Other than the addition of the QWERTY keypad we expect specs to remain identical to the Galaxy S II elsewhere, even if this handset eventually goes by the name Attain. We expect an August release for the US versions of what has become Samsung’s hottest selling handset to date.
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Attain forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.