It’s always fun when I hear of yet another device receiving an Android firmware update and this time we have the Motorola Droid X2. Apparently, everything must have checked out with the “soak test” going on a few weeks ago because Verizon has (update: announced the PDF) on their support page which would lead anyone to believe they’re getting closer to unleash some Gingerbread goodness onto the masses.
You can expect the normal Gingerbread goodies as well as the newly revamped and slick looking MotoBlur (same as on the Droid3). Droid-Life reported the update was rolling out now but we’ve gotten word that this was only Verizon getting ready the PDF showing off some of the new features of Gingebread that Droid X2 users will soon be able to enjoy. Either way, I guess this just means we’re getting closer to the official roll-out from Verizon and we’ll let you know as soon as it does! Thanks, Incrediboy84!
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Motorola DROID X2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid X2