It was announced back in February that the HTC Desire Z would receive and update to Android 2.3. Since that time, Gingerbread has rolled out to the HTC Desire HD and Inredible S and HTC has flip-flopped on the update for the original Desire, but other than a leak back in March little has surfaced regarding the new OS version on the Desire Z. Now HTC is going on the record, confirming that testing is nearly complete and the update should be hitting the only Desire with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard “in the coming weeks.” The manufacturer is hopeful that the update will reach all owners on all carriers by the end of July, which is a good thing. We were beginning to think HTC forgot about the poor Desire Z for a minute there.
- Bootloader Officially Unlocked for HTC Desire
- HTC Desire Z Said to be Getting Gingerbread R
- Leak Reveals Android 2.3 Upgrade Road Map for
- G2/Desire Z and Desire HD/Inspire 4G Get Full
- Check out the HTC Desire Z forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire Z