Just earlier, we were wondering if Motorola were dropping prices on their XOOM tablet in order to make room for another, and if this FCC approval says anything, we just might be looking at that type of scenario. This tablet device was spotted on the FCC’s site with the dimensions of 259mm x 166mm. In contrast, the original XOOM was 249.1mm x 167.mm – in short, this is probably the Motorola XOOM 2. It’ll have LTE radios inside, something that will make current XOOM owners’ blood boil. We’re not sure what sort of package we could be looking at here. The possibilities are endless. NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor is said to be in tablets by the end of this year. It may still launch with Tegra 2, though, or any other dual-core chipset. For now, this is just an FCC listing so let’s hope for some concrete details soon enough. [via Wireless Goodness]
- Motorola DROID Xyboard, XOOM 2 WiFi, and XOOM
- Motorola provides update on Ice Cream Sandwic
- Rumor: Motorola XOOM 2 Pricing Revealed, Gala
- Verizon Roadmap Shows Nov. 21 for Galaxy Nexu
- Check out the Motorola XOOM 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Xoom 2