The original Samsung Galaxy Tab might not have the hardware to stack up against the newly released Galaxy Tab 10.1, but thanks to an update rolling out today at least one carrier-branded version of the 7-inch slate will get a fresher build of Android that might restore some of its appeal. It isn’t the tablet-specific Honeycomb, but the Android 2.3 update should breath some new life into Samsung’s first Android tablet.
Maintenance release EF17 is now going out to Sprint users, with the update expected to reach all owners of their Galaxy Tab within four days. Anyone out there receive their piece of Gingerbread yet?
- Could this be Samsung’s 11.6″ Gal
- Flurry: Kindle Fire closes in on Galaxy Tab a
- Rumor: Galaxy S, Tab to Get “Value Pack
- Samsung Evaluating Feasibility of Getting And
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Tab