What took the original Samsung Galaxy S 85 days to achieve has taken the Galaxy S II a mere 55: Samsung has sold 3 million of their new dual-core flagship. While big sales in the manufacturer’s native Korea play a large part in the figure, Sammy also pointed to increased sales across Europe as key in helping to achieve the milestone. Samsung has been the best-selling mobile brand in the UK for the past 17 weeks and has made up for a third of smartphone sales in Austria and Switzerland. But the Galaxy S II’s rollout hasn’t ceased yet. The phone was just launched in Mexico and Brazil, and will soon make its way to North America via several Canadian carriers. Now if we could only get a release date for the US version.
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II