I could have seen this coming. Facing strong competition from other tablet manufacturers and poor sell-through for their already released tablets, Acer is cutting their 2011 sales forecast in half to 2.5M units. This is around 50% less than what they expected.
We posted a few days ago how Asus was doing extremely well for the first half of 2011 thanks to, not only low prices on their Eee Pad Transformer, but the added functionality of a physical keyboard made it a hit with consumers.
Competition is only going to get worse with new Android based tablets flooding the market this summer and into the holiday season. Amazon, Sony and Toshiba are gearing up to release their take on the Honeycomb tablet but who will come out on top?
- Acer releases app to assist A500/A501 tablet
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Now Receiving Ice Cream
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 now available, Ice Cream
- Upcoming Acer Iconia Tab Android 4.0 Updates
- Check out the Acer Iconia Tab A500 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Acer Iconia Tab A500