I could have seen this coming. Facing strong competition from other tablet manufacturers and poor sell-through for their already released tablets, Acer is cutting their 2011 sales forecast in half to 2.5M units. This is around 50% less than what they expected.
We posted a few days ago how Asus was doing extremely well for the first half of 2011 thanks to, not only low prices on their Eee Pad Transformer, but the added functionality of a physical keyboard made it a hit with consumers.
Competition is only going to get worse with new Android based tablets flooding the market this summer and into the holiday season. Amazon, Sony and Toshiba are gearing up to release their take on the Honeycomb tablet but who will come out on top?
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Xperia Z4 Tablet pics leak
- Check out the Acer Iconia Tab A500 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Acer Iconia Tab A500