It’s the best phone you’ve most likely never heard of. China’s very own, Meizu MX. What’s so special about it? Well, besides the companies large following in its homeland of China and the uber sexy custom UI, the phone features an unrivaled 4-inch 640×960 resolution display, dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory and an 8MP rear camera with back illuminated CMOS sensor (sounds fancy). The phone also offers full GSM/WCDMA support with HSPA+ connectivity. Strangely absent is a front facing cam but from what I’m told, no one ever uses that thing anyway.
The device was originally supposed to drop late this year in China for $550, but it looks like things may be coming along ahead of schedule and it could ship as early as September. CEO Jack Wong is also offering some kind of trade-in incentive for those looking to upgrade their previous generation, Meizu M9. Until then, drool over their gorgeous UI in this vid:
- Android 4.0 Meizu MX Quad-core launching in J
- ICS Public Beta for the MEIZU MX or M9 now li
- Meizu MX Launch Draws Crowds in China
- Quad Core Meizu MX (Exynos 4412?) Said to be
- Check out the Meizu MX forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Meizu MX