Sony’s just been granted approval for one of their most interesting devices to date at the FCC. It’s the Sony S2, a dual-screen tablet slated to run Honeycomb. It wasn’t that long ago that we were looking at rough sketches of the device’s outer shell. Sony went on declining to deny its existence, and it was eventually officially outed in Tokyo. (You can watch a video of it in action along with its bigger 9.4-inch cousin here.)
The tablet will feature two 5.5-inch displays at 1024×480 each. NVIDIA’s dual-core Tegra 2 processor will be powering some of the PlayStation games you’ll be playing as, yes, this is indeed a PlayStation-certified device. Check out the FCC listing here. [via Wireless Goodness]
- Leaked S1 and S2 Screenshots Reveal Sony̵
- Sony Releases 4th Teaser Video for Upcoming S
- More Sony S1/S2 Details Emerge, Launch Announ
- Sony S2 Tablet Headed for AT&T
- Check out the Sony S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony S2