T-Mobile officially outed the Samsung Exhibit 4G and the Samsung Gravity Smart last week, but we didn’t get an exact date to go along with all of that excitement. The good folks at TmoNews are able to shed some light on their release plans, though, as they’ve gotten their hands on evidence of a June 22nd launch for “all channels”. We can’t say we wouldn’t believe it as they have already confirmed it would be here this month, but we’re glad to get an idea of when exactly they’re bringing the goods.
The Exhibit 4G is more of a Galaxy S phone, specs-wise, as it has a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor inside, but it only has a 3 megapixel front camera and a 3.7 inch Super AMOLED display compared to the Vibrant’s 4 inch display and 5 megapixel camera. It’ll also come with Android 2.3, 4G radios, and a front-facing camera.
The Gravity Smart is a bit less overwhelming, but that’s not to say it’s underwhelming. It’ll have a 3.2-inch display, an 800MHz processor, Android 2.2 and a 3 megapixel camera, making this another mid-tier phone that has kept Samsung at the top of the smartphone charts for a while. It also has an included 4-row hardware QWERTY keyboard. The Exhibit 4G and Gravity Smart can be had for $80 and $70, respectively. We just need to figure that date out.
- T-Mobile Android Lineup vs iPhone Offering Co
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday Plans Revealed;
- T-Mobile Introduces Name ID – First Rea
- Samsung Gravity Smart and Exhibit 4G Pricing
- Check out the Samsung Exhibit 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Gravity Smart forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.