That was just a tad bit sooner than we expected, but who’s complaining? The folks at Sprint have just informed everyone that the HTC EVO 4G will be getting its official Gingerbread upgrade tomorrow, June 3rd. The update won’t be pushed to your phone at this time – you’ll have to ping Google’s servers for the goods. Those who’d rather wait for Sprint to notify them can wait until Monday, June 6th, but there really is no point unless you don’t want to be a guinea pig to any potential issues. Read on for the full details, courtesy of Sprint. [via Gizmodo]
HTC EVO™ 4G from Sprint will receive the Android™ 2.3, Gingerbread, update through an over-the-air maintenance release beginning on Monday, June 6.
Sprint will send update notifications to users in waves. The notification will let users know the update is available and provide the simple two-step, over-the-air download instructions.
- Users will receive a notification that Android 2.3 is available for download.
- Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.
Can’t Wait Until June 6?
For those who just can’t wait to get Android 2.3, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade starting on Friday, June 3. To access the update – from the home screen/Menu/Settings/System updates/HTC software Update. This will initiate the upgrade process.
The software release upgrades HTC EVO 4G to Android 2.3, Gingerbread. This version of Android improves download management through the Downloads application, offering the user easy access to any file downloaded from the browser, email or another application. It also fixes the devices ability to stream media through certain applications for the device.
Gingerbread restores HTC EVO 4G’s ability to sync multiple Gmail™ accounts, display email attachments in the email client and fixes battery discharge issues.
- Android Porn: The biggest pervs have the bigg
- HTC EVO View 4G joins EVO 4G on Sprint ‘
- More Sprint Devices Receive Security Updates
- Sprint Issues Updates to all HTC Handsets, Ad
TAGS: HTC EVO 4G