HTC is coming in hot (not sure what that means) with the long awaited Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the HTC EVO 4G. Ironically, even before Gingerbread updates have rolled out for non-Sense devices like the G2, HTC and Sprint are proving they’re doing this Android thing right with their speedy launch of the next iteration of sweet Android desserts.
Starting June 3rd, you can download and manually apply the update or if for some reason you forget, Sprint will be releasing an OTA (over the air) update that will begin rolling out on June 6th. The update comes with bug fixes abound and should allow users to natively video chat using the new Gtalk application only compatible with Gingerbread. Still unclear is whether or not this update will feature the newer version of Sense 2.1 found in the Thunderbolt and Inspire HTC handsets but I guess we only have to wait another week to find out!
- Android Porn: The biggest pervs have the bigg
- HTC EVO View 4G joins EVO 4G on Sprint ‘
- More Sprint Devices Receive Security Updates
- Sprint Issues Updates to all HTC Handsets, Ad
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 4G