Verizon’s third (count ’em up) 4G LTE smartphone is about to land on their growing next-gen network. The LG Revolution, which was first showcased at CES in January, has been officially announced for a May 26th launch, and not a day too soon. When the Android 2.2 smartphone goes on sale in-store and online it will sport a 4.3-inch touchscreen, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and Netflix preloaded. At what price you ask? It can all be yours for $249.99, the same asking price as the HTC Thunderbolt and half a Benjamin less than the Droid Charge from Samsung. Full press release below (look away now if you don’t want to hear about Bing and oodles of other bloatware).
REVOLUTION™ BY LG ARRIVES FOR VERIZON WIRELESS
Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine To Make Revolution™ by LG
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26.
An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- 1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
- Android™ 2.2 platform
- Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Bing® Search and Maps
- Adobe® Flash® Player
- Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- 720p HD video recording and playback
- Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access
- V CAST Apps
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
- Equipped with Dolby® Mobile a for rich listening experience
- Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
- 16 GB preinstalled microSD card™
Pricing and availability:
- Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.