We just saw the official documents hit Verizon’s Motorola Droid X support page and speculated that the update to Android 2.3 could be coming by the end of the week. Sure enough, Verizon has just confirmed that the update will be hitting the Droid X in all of its Gingerbread goodness this Friday, May 27th. The update is still your standard over-the-air rollout in phases, meaning you might not get it right away. In that case, you’ll either have to be patient or await an official mirror of the update to come online for a manual install. Just hang tight for a few days, guys.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the Motorola DROID X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid X