This piece of news has been floating around since this morning and I’ve been spending time trying to figure out more details. Long story short? Samsung has committed to delivering Android 2.3 to “most” of their Galaxy phones, including phones from the high-end Galaxy S series down to the budget offerings such as the Galaxy Gio, Ace and Fit. The Galaxy S, K, U and A in Korea will all be receiving the upgrade, as well. And don’t forget about the Galaxy Tab.
The updates will apparently be going out over Mini Kies and will be hitting the UK and all Nordic carriers soon. (Some users have already begun receiving these updates, in fact.) This doesn’t necessarily confirm any of us in the US or Canada will be getting the upgrade, though, but we have a strong feeling we won’t be left out. A Gingerbread ROM for the Samsung Epic 4G has already leaked and we can’t imagine the others are being left out. Let’s hope we get a better idea of Samsung’s plans soon. [Samsung Hub]
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.