A while back, we received numerous reports from brand new LG Optimus 2X owners regarding a very frustrating problem. The phones would often reboot themselves which obviously caused an undesirable disruption in user experience. We contacted our friends at LG to see if they knew anything of these problems, and they hadn’t. Still, they couldn’t deny the cries of many users at various message boards and sought an answer.
Today, they’ve informed us that they’ve found the issue and have applied a fix.
The patch that we’re issuing will address the random freezing or rebooting problem that we’ve identified when:
– the phone is being charged
– the power button is pressed to wake up the phone
– the phone is in stand-by mode
Sounds good to me. Hopefully this fixes a majority of you guys’ issues. And we’re not sure if the problem plagues the US version of the phone – T-Mobile’s G2x – but we’re told the upgrade will be available in other regions at a later date. Anyone receive this thing OTA yet? And if so, has it fixed your problem?
- LG Optimus 2X finally gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- Out of nowhere, LG releases Ice Cream Sandwic
- LG Optimus 2X to receive Ice Cream Sandwich a
- No Ice Cream Sandwich for LG’s Optimus
- Check out the LG Optimus 2X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Optimus 2X