It ain’t Honeycomb – heck it ain’t even Gingerbread – but the Viewsonic Viewpad 10 update to Android 2.2 will certainly be welcomed by everyone who owns the device. The upgrade also makes the Viewpad 10 instantly more attractive to potential buyers as the device was previously running Android 1.6. Don’t forget this bad boy is capable of dual booting Windows 7. Thankfully they didn’t have to upgrade from Windows 3.1.
Current devices running Android 1.6 are small in numbers due to the evolution of Android and robots aren’t immune to Darwin’s Theory: either they should update and adapt or die. I’m glad to see Viewsonic make the huge update to Android 2.2. While it isn’t Android 3.0, it shows the manufacturer is committed to continually improving their devices. Better late than never.
Any Viewsonic owners out there intrigued by this update? Feel free to organize in our Viewsonic Tablet Forum and maybe one of these days we’ll see them freezing up Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Dual-Booting Viewsonic ViewPad 10 Available T
- ViewSonic V350 Dual Boots SIM, ViewPad 10 Pro
- Sundar Pichai promoted to head of Google products
- Pocketing your phablet, Inbox invites, buying
- Check out the ViewSonic ViewPad 10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: ViewSonic ViewPad 10