Samsung has finally officially launched both products within their new Galaxy S WiFi lineup – the 4 inch and 5 inch editions. The former is more like the phone itself with no cellular radios inside for voice or data, while the latter stretches the boundaries just as deal did with the original Streak. (Except the original Streak was actually meant to be used as a phone.) Switzerland is getting the bigger brother while Russia and other countries should be getting the 4 incher. These start out with Android 2.2, will come in 8GB and 16GB configurations, will have DivX certification and – yes – access to the Android market. Read on for full press details.
Samsung Launches GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0:Smart Mobile Entertainment
– Two different sizes combine greater entertainment opportunities with smartphone-like innovation and app experiences
SEOUL–(Korea Newswire) May 2, 2011 — Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a leading provider of Smart Mobile Devices, today launched GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and a fresh addition to its smart player portfolio, the GALAXY S WiFi 5.0.
Each featuring 4″ and 5″ screen-sizes and delivering the powerful application experiences as the original GALAXY S, the two versions give users an unrivalled entertainment experience through a clear display, a swift 1GHz processor and the Android™ 2.2 “Froyo” platform. The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 will be first available in Russia and will be gradually rolled out in other countries. The GALAXY S WiFi 5.0 will be first available in Switzerland.
“With the GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 we’re delivering a rich, immersive experience for multimedia enthusiasts.” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business. “A large, high-quality screen, a world of fun and useful applications and great communications services make this a powerhouse device at an affordable price.
The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 will deliver all the rich smartphone experiences of the GALAXY S smartphone. With video communications via VoIP services and rich video and music entertainment with multi-codec support, the Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 will keep you constantly entertained.
Stunning Performance, Powerful Features
Key Features of the GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 include:
– Display: The clear display makes web surfing and multimedia viewing a joy. Keep your lifestyle mobile – enjoy movies, your favourite TV shows, photos and web-browsing anywhere. Samsung’s latest mDNIe image engine technology ensures that video and images look stunning.
– Android™ 2.2 “Froyo”: The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 feature the Froyo operating system, with a possibility to upgrade to 2.3 Gingerbread.
– Application Customization: With access to over 150,000 apps available on Android Market™, the Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 are fully customizable smart devices. Integrated GPS support further expands the capabilities of the device, letting you benefit from Google’s map services and directory applications.
– Google Mobile Services: Enjoy premium Google™ services such as Gmail™, Google Talk™ and YouTube™. Utilize voice recognition technology to search with Google faster than ever on the Internet. Stay plugged into the world with premier Google applications.
– Samsung Social Hub: Your entire social life in your hand. Simultaneously post messages and pictures on Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter using Samsung’s Social Hub. The integrated address book provides the ultimate command & control station for the most popular SNS services. Synchronize your personal calendar with friends, family, and the latest events.
– VoIP Voice & Video Calls: The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 utilize cost-effective video and voice communications services. The Qik application allows video chat which can be shared over social network services.
– HD Video & Images: A camera lets you shoot and share your life, capturing high-quality video or still images. The Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 support DivX HD, allowing high-definition video playback; Support for various codec standards including MPEG4, H264, DivX, XviD, WMV codecs ensures you can enjoy huge catalogues of content from all over the web.
– Audio excellence: The Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 “Smart Player” put entertainment at its core, designed to deliver the best possible audio and video experience. Samsung SoundAlive™ technology provides unrivalled sound quality, with deeper bass and greater tone articulation.
– Enhanced Memory Capability: Packed with generous 8/16 GB memory, plus mircoSD slot and powered by a powerful 1GHz for an industry leading performance, the GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 are equipped to handle any user demand.
- Don’t Be Fooled: This Isn’t the 5
- Samsung Galaxy Player 4″ and 5″ C
- Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi Hands-On at MWC [Video
- Change touch key light duration on Samsung Galaxy S6 (all models)
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi