T-Mobile confirmed that their newest phone – the T-Mobile G2x – would be getting Gingerbread “very soon”. If this preview build acquired by This Is My Next is anything to go by then it would appear T-Mobile wasn’t the least bit bluffing. They bring us 7 minutes of footage but it really isn’t anything we haven’t seen on other Gingerbread devices. Just know that it’s pretty damn stable and expect T-Mobile to roll it out sometime this month (hopefully within the next two weeks).
PS: I say “allegedly” in the article title because of how easy it is to theme deodexed Android ROMs and change build.prop files. We trust the folks at This Is My Next (some very trusted names in technology media), though, and we’re fairly certain they wouldn’t go through the trouble of faking this just for content’s sake.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the T-Mobile G2X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G2x