The LG Ally is about to receive an update to Android 2.2.2, according to a text message being sent to owners of the handset. While the update itself is mostly concerned with patching a few holes and squashing some bugs, the interesting thing to report is that in order to receive the update users will need to download the Upgrade Utility for Ally from the Android Market. There is no word on why, exactly, an application is needed to install the update, as the move from Android 2.1 to 2.2 came via a traditional over-the-air push.
Users who have installed the app so far are reporting no update is available yet, but Verizon has posted the details of what we can expect over at their support site. Head over to the source links below for more info.
Android Market Link: Upgrade Utility for Ally
- Verizon Clearing Out Stock on Pair of Low-Cos
- PSA: Froyo for the LG Ally is Going Out Now
- LG Ally Set to Get Froyo Upgrade
- LG Ally Receives a Maintenance Update, Too
- Check out the LG Ally forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: lg ally