The UK isn’t the only part of the world that will receive the Samsung Galaxy S II very soon. Samsung’s native South Korea now has access to the first pre-order for the anticipated device on service provider KT. The bigger news here is that the South Korean market will be one of several to receive NFC support built into their version of the Galaxy S II. It comes at the cost of a slightly thicker handset measuring 8.9mm, a girth that hopefully won’t take away from the recent commercials showing off the S II’s slim design. NFC services will be linked directly to KT’s Olleh Touch service, the associated payment system. Right now that gives users NFC purchasing powers in at least one location, local grocery store Lotte Mart. The dual-core superphone is sure to be a hit in Korea, just as was the original.
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II