A guy by the name of Saad (@MAFiA303 on Twitter) who apparently “works with Samsung,” made a video call today using the Gtalk app on Android 2.3.4 with his Nexus S. He was generous enough to share his experience on Twitter and noted that “impressive video quality” as well as I/O 2011 which leads us to believe Google will be officially announcing this hot new feature at I/O this year.
With Google’s latest developer phone coming equipped with a front facing camera, many of us have been expecting a native video calling app for Android since before Gingerbread had been made official. While I haven’t heard too much as far as rumors go for Google I/O this year, I can tell you that almost the entire Phandroid team will be attending and bringing you the very latest as it develops. I, for one, couldn’t be more excited to make my homage to the motherland.
- Jelly Bean factory image now available for Ve
- Google updates Jelly Bean factory images for
- Sprint Nexus devices now getting Android 4.1
- Sprint support page says Jelly Bean for Nexus
- Check out the Nexus S 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus S 4G, Samsung Nexus S