I sometimes feel it’s pointless to post these “root achieved” articles because it’s almost always possible no matter which phone you have and no matter how locked down it is. The latest is Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Arc, which launched in several regions recently but seems to be the forgotten cousin of the Xperia Play.
If there are some of you out there who own the device and wanted to know if you could root it, though, then you’re in luck. I shouldn’t have to say much more, but remember that going through with this deems you responsible should anything happen to it and [insert rest of usual disclaimer mumbo jumbo here).
That said, be sure to get your bootloader unlock key from Sony Ericsson as this method requires an unlocked bootloader. (And not that unlocking your bootloader may void your warranty, as per Sony Ericsson’s warning.) After doing so, you can find the instructions over at XDA. [via Xperia Blog]
- Sony begins Ice Cream Sandwich rollout for 20
- Android Porn: The biggest pervs have the bigg
- Sony Ericsson Supports The Android Modding Co
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Being Made Available
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc