Last week, we wondered what the Sony Ericsson Xperia Acro could be as it sat comfortably inside the OEM’s PC companion software. We believed it could be a variant of the Xperia Arc for Japanese users but weren’t entirely sure. The folks at Xperia Blog dug up some more info, however, and confirmed that suspicion with explanations as to what exactly is going on with the Acro.
For starters, there’s no Xenon flash. Bummer, right? You’ll soon forget that, though, as a TV tuner sitting inside will allow you watch your favorite shows on the go. Furthermore, an NFC chip is inside – this isn’t surprising as NFC technology is far more widespread in Japan that it is in America.
Other noteworthy items include an infrared sensor and Sony’s 8 megapixel Exmor camera sensor. Not a bad phone for our friends in the land of the rising sun. And yes, we know this phone has been outed for a while now.
- Sony begins Ice Cream Sandwich rollout for 20
- Android Porn: The biggest pervs have the bigg
- Sony Ericsson Supports The Android Modding Co
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Being Made Available
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.