Orange in the UK has just announced availability of the HTC Desire S. They’re offering the device free on contract starting at 35 pounds per month. (No details were given on what this plan includes, data, messaging and minutes-wise. The HTC Desire S is the 3.7-inch follow-up to the original with a front-facing camera and Android 2.3 with HTC Sense 2.1. Orange’s version will support their Signal Boost technology and come with an 8GB microSD card. Read on for full press details.
Orange brings the HTC Desire S to the UK
- The HTC Desire S features Google’s Android 2.3 Operating System with the added user benefits of HTC Sense
- Available in black on Pay Monthly tariffs, the great-value HTC Desire S is free on £35 a month price plans
- The device is the latest compelling Android device available on Orange
Orange today announced the availability of the HTC Desire S across all Orange retail stores in the UK. Available in black across great value new Pay Monthly price plans for both business and consumer customers, the device is free on £35 a month price plans.
Building on the success of one of the hottest smartphones of 2010, the HTC Desire, the HTC Desire S provides a slimmer body whilst packing even more power. The touchscreen HTC Desire S offers a fast, intuitive internet experience and is equipped with a five mega-pixel camera, a 3.7” Display, 1.1Gb of memory with space for a 8Gb MicroSD card and a VGA front facing camera. The device is the first Android device from HTC that supports Signal Boost and also contains a wide range of Signature services including Orange Mail and Orange Maps.
Nicola Shenton, Head of Device Portfolio, Everything Everywhere said: “Orange continues to offer the latest innovative devices on the market. The HTC Desire S will allow customers to enjoy the combined benefits of great functionality with a proven operating system for the best user experience.”
The HTC Desire S will be available from Orange shops and www.orange.co.uk/shop.
- Saygus V2 pre-orders delayed, priced at $550
- Microsoft to invest in Cyanogen
- Deal: 60% off Sony memory
- Chrome adds pull to refresh
- Check out the HTC Desire S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire S