After the tragic earthquake and tsunami in Japan last month, Sony Ericsson issued a statement saying that their supply chain might see some disruptions as a result. It looks like the first handset to feel the strain will be the Xperia Neo. According to Sony Ericsson Italy, the Neo won’t ship until at least July as the company reorganizes its supply chain and sources new components.
The phone was originally scheduled for a launch by late April in certain parts of the world, but alas those waiting for the Xperia Neo will wait on. The Xperia Play and Xperia Arc are still shipping as scheduled, though it might only be a matter of time before the disruptions caused by this natural disaster slow down the production of those handsets as well.
- Sony Xperia Arc and Xperia Neo get updated to
- Sony begins Ice Cream Sandwich rollout for 20
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Receives Android 2.3
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo About to Hit the Str
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo