Cisco is more of a quiet player in the Android world right now. They’ve long been talking about their Cius tablet but have been taking their time on engineering it. The tablet is set to be part of a bigger office package for business professionals who need a desk phone that’s more than just a desk phone. It was originally slated for a 2011 release and it looks like we may be seeing this thing before fall if this FCC approval is anything to go by.
The listing also brought to surface new details. Firstly, it most likely will be a WiFi-only device. It’s a tablet that was designed with the desk phone in mind so we can’t really complain about that. More interesting than that, though, is that the documents were submitted by OpeanPeak. If you don’t remember, they’re working on a tablet for AT&T but we haven’t heard a peep about their progress since September of last year. Take a look at the full FCC listing for yourself if you’re curious. [via Wireless Goodness]
- Cisco Cius Picks Up 4G LTE, Heads to Verizon
- Cisco Introduces AppHQ for their Cius Tablet
- AT&T to Sell the Cisco Cius Tablet this
- Cisco Cius Tablet Coming Q4 for Twice the Pri
- Check out the Cisco Cius forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Cisco Cius