The one downside to the leaked Gingerbread update files that were put on the internet yesterday for the Motorola DROID 2 and DROID X courtesy of P3Droid, TeamBlackHat and the folks at MyDroidWorld is the fact that it wasn’t rooted. It was a small price to pay for many who just wanted to get stepped up to the latest and greatest version of Android and MOTOBLUR. We were hopeful that the builds would be rooted in no time, though, and the community delivered. We’ll opt to direct you to MyDroidWorld for the methods in case anything changes or if you need further support. The DROID X’s can be found here, while the DROID 2’s can be had here. [Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
- Apple's big Q1 2015 results
- HTC One M8 gets Lollipop
- Motorola Valentine's Day deal
- Android Deals: January 27th, 2015
- Check out the Motorola DROID X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid X