HTC has been pretty clear that they plan to launch and update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread for their Desire HD in Europe, but the only official timeframe they have so far discussed has been the rather broad range of spring. According to French carrier SFR it may be coming sooner rather than later, with a first half of April release announced. Whether this timing sticks, is delayed, or applies to other regions isn’t known, but it is a good sign for those awaiting a taste of Gingerbread on the mammoth screen of the HD.
In other news, SFR also names April as the month to expect Android 2.2 for the Motorola DEFY. Neither the Android version or the device in question seems much to get excited about at this point.
- HTC Provides Even More Details On Why Desire
- TELUS was not at fault, HTC canceled the Desi
- Telus cancels HTC Desire HD Ice Cream Sandwic
- TELUS updates list of devices soon to get And
- Check out the HTC Desire HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire HD