A juicy rumor originating from TmoNews has come out suggesting both the T-Mobile G2x and the T-Mobile G-Slate tablet by LG will be out on April 20th. The announcement is expected to be made at CTIA in Orlando this upcoming Monday.
The T-Mobile G2x is T-Mobile’s version of the LG Optimus 2X and although the international version has LG’s custom skin on top of Android 2.2, earlier rumors have suggested that the device will run completely stock Android. It’d be the first dual core phone on the market to do so, if true.
The G-Slate has already been announced by T-Mobile, but they have yet to announce pricing and availability beyond “Spring”. It’s an 8.9 inch tablet which will run Android 3.0 Honeycomb and will have stereoscopic 3D features. The device will play back 3D content, but you’ll need special glasses to take advantage of that. (Or you can export content to a device that supports glasses-free 3D.)
Although late March has long been on our wish list for both of these devices, a more solid April 20th date will have to hold us over. We’re only four days away from any announcement, though, so we’ll know for sure soon enough.
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Check out the T-Mobile G-Slate forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the T-Mobile G2X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G-Slate, T-Mobile G2x