I am sure fellow Motorola Droid owners would much rather here news of an update bringing our handsets up to Gingerbread, but with no word on whether or not the phone that kicked things up a notch for Android will ever receive an upgrade to the latest version of the OS we may just have to settle for an update to Android 2.2.2, which has begun rolling out today. The update is labeled as FRG83G, the build of Froyo that was last seen on the Nexus One before it received its calling to Android 2.3.3.
FRG83G is a small 3.4MB download that once installed will fix a text messaging bug that resulted in the phone displaying a message other than the one selected and in some cases sending messages to the wrong recipient. Nothing major, but certainly nothing to complain about.
Now the questions is: could this be the final update the Motorola Droid receives? Or is it still destined for bigger and better things?
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- OG Droid Receiving Android 2.2.3 Update with
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid