The sometimes-questionable Digitimes has a new report claiming HTC is setting fairly low expectations for their upcoming Android tablet, the HTC Flyer. The company has been ordering up the Android Gingerbread tablet to the tune of one million units by August, a fairly conservative number parsing out to about 170,000 slates per month.
The tablet is rumored to sell for right around $600, a price that could make all the difference in whether or not the HTC Flyer gains much traction. It is launching with a smaller screen size in a sea of upcoming Honeycomb tablets, not to mention the newly announced iPad 2 from Apple.
Whether or not the initial order has a lowball figure because HTC expects low sales isn’t clear, but it can’t be a good sign.
- HTC concedes defeat in US tablet space; Samsu
- HTC Flyer Available for $200 from Buy.com
- HTC Flyer Getting Android 4.0 This Quarter?
- Has The HTC Flyer Been Discontinued? Device G
- Check out the HTC Flyer forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Flyer