We heard back at Mobile World Congress that the HTC Desire would receive an upgrade to Android 2.3 shortly after the new Desire S hits shelves. Now, an HTC spokesperson is adding a few more handsets to the list of devices receiving 2.3 this spring. The two other Desire handsets, the Desire HD and Z, will be graced with Gingerbread along with the upcoming Incredible S, the only phone revealed at MWC to feature an older version of Android with 2.2.
As with all Android updates, don’t hold your breath too long. Spring leaves a lot of flexibility for the update to begin, and there is still a chance it could be pushed back even later than that.
- Field Wallpaper
- Moto G 2nd Gen gets Lollipop (again)
- Spotify playback no longer interrupted by aud
- HTC One M9 exposed in test photo
- Check out the HTC Desire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC Desire HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.