Most of you called it: the Epic 4G update for the Samsung EPIC 4G would come out and it would get pulled in a matter of days. Things were all set to be wrapped up tomorrow and all would have had Froyo and all would have been happy. The phone gods weren’t having that, though: Sprint’s stopped pushing the EB13 upgrade for the Samsung Epic 4G, and the OTW process has also been unpublished from Samsung’s website.
Sprint cites issues with the SD card when trying to access multimedia and some users lacking data connectivity as reasons why they had to pull it. They say a hard reset has been proven to help fix the issues for some folks, but they are working on a fix anyway. Sprint did not mention when the upgrade would be available for distribution again. [Thanks, Tim!, Sprint]
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies come to Samsung Ep
- Samsung Epic 4G FC09 Update Released to Addre
- CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 0 for the Samsung Epic 4G
- Check out the Samsung EPIC 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Epic 4G